Sunday, October 14, 2012

Last Week Wrap Up and Meals + Workouts Week of Oct 15

Well, we did pretty well last week with our workouts and meals.

I did make the meatballs, butternut squash soup, and grilled chicken. I still never made the black bean cakes! The soup was really good and great with the chicken. The meatballs were also very tasty, but we thought they had too much onion so next time I'll probably half the onion. We ate the meatballs with salads.

Salad prep Monday night.
The week ended up looking like what I planned exercise-wise.

Everyday before work: Run 2+ miles with the dogs plus "extra" exercises as referenced in previous posts.
Monday: Grocery shop and cook
Tuesday: Back and Biceps P90X + Abs
Wednesday: Cardio X P90X video
Thursday: Run - I got 4 miles in with the dogs. Not much but better than nothing!
Friday: Relax

Other that eating and exercising, I had a busy week because my coworker was out of town and I was manning the office solo (which I don't mind but I'll be glad to have her back!). That lead to less time in the evenings (got home late) but I still managed to work out--I needed it because I was sitting all day long and my back was really hurting by Friday.

I know lots of folks say you shouldn't treat yourself with food...but I do it anyway. After my long/rough week I got myself a hot chocolate and a chocolate croissant from Panera on the way home. TOTALLY WORTH EVERY CALORIE. So good.




This upcoming week I am planning to make:

Meals:
Apple stuffed chicken breasts
Cajun chicken sausages (purchased from local butcher)
Seasame-soy broccoli
Beet oven fries (just roast beet fries we cup up using our mandolin in the oven with a little olive oil and S+P)
Wheat berry salad
And one more meat item to be determined after seeing what's on sale at the grocery store.


And workouts will hopefully look like this:

Everyday before work: Run 2+ miles with the dogs plus "extra" exercises as referenced in previous posts.
Monday: Grocery shop and cook
Tuesday: Plyometrics P90X video
Wednesday: Shoulders and Arms P90X video
Thursday: Run
Friday: Relax

Monday morning is coming too soon! Got to go to sleep soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment