Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Roundup Oct 20

This past weekend was pretty low-key.

Saturday we went out on our bikes and rode about 53 miles around the East Bay, like this:


I love the Oakland/Berkeley hills for the views and the hill climbs!

Post-ride recovery meal:


Omelette with leftover roasted butternut squash. I was super hungry after the long ride so that's 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg.

After the ride, I was lucky enough to get a follow-up massage to keep working on my back and shoulders. Felt really good, but also made me completely unmotivated to get anything done, so Saturday was definitely a fun/lazy day. For dinner we just had leftovers--chicken, wheat berry salad, green salad.



Sunday we got a ton of chores done. Adam cleaned out the gutters on our house, and just in time because it started to rain that night! And for dinner we ended up going to my parents' house and having dinner at them. As always a fun evening. My dad grilled chicken, my mom made some cauliflower and I made some green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment