Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekend Round-Up

While Adam was off doing his annual Epic Mountain Bike Ride up in Tahoe, I had a relaxing weekend at home.

On Friday night I decided last minute to sign up for a half marathon (the Wolf Pack Events Fall Showdown) that was being held near our home. I'm so glad I did! I had knee problems earlier this year. The last half marathon I ran was in June, and I could barely walk after it thanks to knee pain (pain due in thanks partially to my own stupidity..). I really pulled back on mileage and reduced other impact activities this summer and am so glad I did because my knee has been much better recently. I'd been able to run 6-8 miles easily without any pain on recent weekends so I decided to go for it. The course was easy so it was a good one to try out. I ended up getting my first sub-2 hour time and got 3rd in my age group. Yay!

Post-race happiness. 
Because Adam was out of town, Saturday evening I watched a "girl" movie: What to Expect When You're Expecting. It was cute and funny (though not terribly realistic..) and I'm glad I rented it.

This morning (Sunday) I took the dogs on an easy 4 mile run and then did the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps P90X video + Abs. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow (that hurts-so-good feeling...love that).

I made myself a recovery smoothie this morning. I've been tweaking my recipe everyday recently because I got into a rut that wasn't actually that good! Today I had a really simple one that was very good:

~1 heaping cup frozen banana chunks
1 cup fat free milk
1/2 scoop whey protein powder (unflavored)
1 T peanut butter

Turned out the perfect consistency and tasted great. I should just stick to simple instead of getting fancy with lots of ingredients like I last reported.

Simple! Tasty.
Adam is home now and I'm roasting some veggies for dinner. Getting set for the busy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment