Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week Wrap-Up

Each week I'm going to post a week plan (with workouts and meals) and then at the end of the week I'll do a reality check to tell you how it actually went down!


For the Menu, I did make three of the four meals.

The Chicken with Garbanzos, Tomatoes and Apricots was quite good. We had it for dinner and there was enough left over for one lunch. I put extra chicken in it than the recipe called for. 



With the remaining chicken from the "bonus pack" I bought for that first recipe, I grilled those pieces that night and we ate them on salads for lunches and dinner. 

Working lunch at the farm.
I also made the Citrus Tilapia. It was edible, but I won't be making it again. I'm not sure if it's the type of fish, or the sauce, or both, but it had a definite bitter taste. Because I didn't like it very much I was never inspired to take a picture!

I am going try to make the Black Bean Patties and Zucchini tots this coming week.

Workouts: 
With my commute, life is very crunched in the evenings. Usually I can pull three workotus but this week it just didn't happen. We ended up skipping the Legs and Back workout because both of us have sensitive knees and I've been doing a lot of running so didn't want to exacerbate anything by doing too much impact in one week. So here's what happened:

Everyday: Morning 2+ mile run with the dogs, plus these exercises before and after the run (I mix up the ab exercises and don't usually do plain crunches).
Evenings:
Monday: Grocery shopping and cooking
Tuesday: Kenpo X P90X video
Wednesday: Core Synergistics video
Thursday: Visited family
Friday: Got home late/relaxed and Adam left for a weekend trip

Those two workouts definitely got me sore, so I know I did something good! And I'm having an active weekend so I'm not turning into a blob too quickly.

I took this picture on Friday after a stressful day at work. The dogs and I took a walk before driving home. Only one more week with water in the canals, so we are enjoying the views before they dry up!


No comments:

Post a Comment