Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fishy business.

We are trying to eat more fish. The good kinds. We have eaten so much wild Alaskan Salmon I don't even want more. So, we're onto mahi mahi (the Atlantic kind).

We've been experimenting with it a bit. I really like it grilled, and usually served very simply (with lemon and vegetable and starch side dishes). We did get a little bit fancier though, just recently.

My work garden has an abundance of tomatillos. I had never done anything with tomatillos before (they are unusual little green tomatoes with husks). But--it was easy!

I made this:


Mahi mahi taco (only 1 each because we only had two tortillas...) with tomatillo salsa, roasted corn, and chips and more salsa on the side.

For the salsa--I swear it was simple--here's what I did:
1. Peel husks off tomatillos and wash, cut in half.
2. Cut some onion into chunks.
3. Broil tomatillos and onion for about 5 minutes to soften and slightly brown.
4. In food processor, chop tomatillos, onion, some jalepeno, lemon or lime juice, and a handful of fresh cilantro. (Salsa: done!)
Grill some mahi mahi and corn. Serve as fish tacos topped with fresh garden (red) tomatoes and the tomatillo salsa, corn on the side, lemon or lime to squeeze, and tortilla chips to dip in the remaining green salsa.

We had this with margaritas---it was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment