Saturday, August 13, 2011

Garden love.


This is one day's harvest from our work garden, plus some wild-collected fruits!
On this day we collected:
-Basil
-Too many (too big) zucchini
-Small yellow crookneck squash
-Baby pumpkins
-Pickling cucumbers
-Tomatillos
-Green beans
-Red bell peppers
-Carrots!

And, we wild-collected:
-Box of elderberries!

From this so far I have made:
-The start of a batch of elderberry liqueur (takes a while--has to sit in jars; pictures to come)
-Dill pickles (pics to come)
-Zucchini yeast bread (not sweet, excellent toasted with blackberry jam!)

I will make:
-Extra tasty carrots sticks for eating raw
-Steamed green beans with butter and lemon
-Grilled squash

My coworker is also going to make pesto with the basil. Delicious!

PS This photo was taken by my coworker! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. ELDERBERRIES? Damn...totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm it all looks wonderful! and ps, in my opinion you can never have too much zucchini :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post to come on elderberries! And, zucchini---I used to think the same thing but I'm a little overwhelmed right now...but, it's not just zucchini but three kinds of summer squash..all in large quantities! Oh well, it's a good problem to have. :)

    ReplyDelete