Monday, August 29, 2011

GRA-nola

I made healthy granola last week, and it was actually good! A lot of times, things that are healthy aren't actually that good. Like, raw carrots. I'm just not a fan unless a dip is involved.



This granola was amazing when served on top of Fage 2% greek yogurt with a spoonful of my blueberry lime jam. (I had that for lunch three days in a row!)

I used a recipe from here but omitted the nuts and reduced the baking time:

3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix the applesauce, honey and cinnamon together and then stir in oats. Bake at 325 for about a half hour (check often because mine got a little over-brown and the original recipe called for 45 minutes), stirring a couple times during baking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment