Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Soaps and sneak peek

So--
Wow, I am busy! I have several posts in the making...but for now, this will have to suffice:


I would guess that most people who know me would assume that I use lots of all-natural cleaners and soaps. You know, all of that non-harsh biodegradable stuff that's easier on the environment and on your body.

Well...that's not the case. I admit it! I love Comet. And bleach. And 409, Windex... I know it can be bad! And I know there are alternatives.

So, the van has a sink, and we like to do dishes in it and take showers, so I thought I should get some 100% biodegradable stuff to use in moderation when we need to wash dishes or ourselves when we go camping. I got (see pic) Planet dish soap and Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo (to use for hair and body in one). So far, they seem to work quite well.

Which got me thinking that I should really look into getting some less harsh stuff to use at home. I have really high standards when it comes to household cleaners (ie,  I want it to get degreased and clean...so it needs to WORK! I tried using baking soda and vinegar to clean the house once when I ran out of Comet and was not impressed).

As for shampoos/soaps, I do actually like the Kiss My Face shampoo (I've used it before)--it smells good and works well. Of course if anyone has any suggestions for hair/skin soaps I'd love to hear.

Coming up later this week:
*Weekend adventures on bikes and foot (with time to relax)
*More food preservation messes

In the future:
*Car racing
*Cute animals
*Wilderness count

Until then, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment